Dhahran British Grammar School offers a broad selection of subject options
for students in Key Stage 4 in addition to the compulsory subjects. Nine
options are currently offered and students are required to select four
from the prescribed list. In order to facilitate this process DBGS offers
the following events and guidance during the year for Yr 9 students and
- In Term One Year 9 students from invited schools visit to see the
facilities and learn about the KS4 programme;
- In Term Two all DBGS Year 9 students and parents, as well as potential
new students from invited schools, are invited to attend an Options
- All the (I)GCSE option subjects available to students in the
forthcoming academic year are outlined at this time. An options booklet
and an accompanying CD containing all the relevant syllabuses are distributed
to students and parents.
- No commitment to specific options is required at this stage. The
aim is to provide prospective students and their parents with specific
information in order to make good choices for future options.
- In March existing DBGS students make provisional options selections.
Prospective students seeking admission into the KS4 programme for September
sit entrance tests and/or interviews and also make provisional options
Parents and students not presently residing in the Kingdom but hoping
to enroll for our KS4 programme are encouraged to contact the school
(email@example.com) at the
earliest opportunity so that applications can be processed in a timely
manner. Late applications invariably mean that certain subject options
may be oversubscribed and, in the worst case scenario, students may
be placed on a waiting list.